Volunteer Grants support the work of local community organisations by enabling the inclusion of vulnerable people and promoting awareness to increase participation in volunteering.
The objectives of Volunteer Grants are to:
- help community organisations to support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers
- help community organisations to support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering ; and
- encourage, support and increase participation in volunteering.
For this grant opportunity, $10 million is available in 2023–24.
Grants of between $1,000 and $5,000 are available to eligible not-for-profit community organisations. This funding is to be used to:
- purchase eligible small equipment items for use by volunteers
- contribute to volunteers’ fuel costs, during the course of their volunteer work
- contribute to transport costs for volunteers with disability who are unable to drive
- assist with the cost of training courses for volunteers
- undertake background screening checks for volunteers
- conduct activities to promote awareness of, and increase participation in, volunteering opportunities
- adapt practises to support volunteers’ safety.
You must spend the grant funding within the activity period, which commences on execution of the agreement and concludes on 30 June 2025.
Please read the Grant Opportunity Guidelines HERE before completing the expression of interest form at the link below.
Fill in expression of interest HERE. Expressions of interest are open until 14 September 2023.