The Australian Government is inviting organisations via an open, competitive grant process to apply to deliver services under the Individual Capacity Building (ICB) stream of the Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) Program from July 2024 to June 2027.
Funding of up to $90 million will be available to deliver one-off, time-limited activities to support systemic, nationwide access to peer support, mentoring, self-advocacy and other skills building for people with disability, their family and carers.
The intended outcomes of the program are people with disability, their families and carers will have increased skills and knowledge:
- about disability rights and self-advocacy
- to socially connect and develop meaningful relationships
- to navigate and connect with services and supports they need
- to enable greater independence and
- to make their own decisions, participate, lead and contribute in the community.
Activities should be co-designed with people with people with disability aligning with Australia’s Disability Strategy 2021-2031 and be about changing attitudes and practices, resulting in improved delivery of disability services and developing better practices to support people with disability in achieving their life goals.